Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday card for 2 challenges!

I am entering this card into the following challenges: 
Tuesday Throwdown # 45 at tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.com,  polka dots is the theme.
Birthdaysundaes.blogspot.com, must have birthday wording.
I made this birthday card yesterday.  I made a video, but I accidentally deleted it.  Here is what I made, I think it came out cute.  I didn't use the cricut at all on this one. 
Recipe:  PTI Kraft cardstock for base.  8 1/2 x 11 sheet folded in half.  Each layer is 1/4 smaller. 
PTI Spring Rain cardstock embossed with the Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder.  Bottom half of card I used SU Pumpin Pie cardstock, and I used the Apron Lace Fiskars border punch.  I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder (and my versamark), and used red PTI buttons, one with hemp and adhered with glue dots, and a Hobby Lobby green ribbon.
The main design is an embellished sticker I got from Hobby Lobby, dimensionalized.   I also used light brown ink along the edges and stitched around the card with a Signo Uniball white pen.

I hope you like it :)
Gina

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card!!! Those animals are too adorable. I love everything about it. Thanks so much for playing along with Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is super cute! I love the animals! Sorry to hear about your video! I hate when that happens! Thanks for sharing this with us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! I love the little animals. Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I love this! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I have an award for you on my blog! Please stop by to pick it up. You sure deserve it! :)

    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gina!
    Sorry we haven't "spoken" for a while, but I'm back now! Congrats on your PSA win! I bought it on HSN & it's really fun! (Don't have a personalized one though.) Isn't it soooo exciting about MPS & HSN tonite?! Ya know what? Tammy @ Creative Critter's is live tonight, too @ 9pm EST...AND SHE ALSO HAS AN "E2" to give away tonite!
    Can't wait to get my PK stamps from Kristal. I think I see another obsession comin'!
    God Bless & Hugs from R.I.,
    Laura
    http://bunniescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next time!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards and projects are beautiful!

    Momo sent me, and I am now a follower.

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little animal card for a child!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card Gina. Love the animals and the colors. Good luck in the challenges.
    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete