Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Altered Recipe box from Michael's

I altered a $1 recipe box from Michael's, and this is what I came up with.  It's not too elaborate, because I am using it to store my Cuttlebug folders, and my daughter and I will be going in and out of it a lot!  I have a couple more I plan to embellish a little more, so I will be sure to post those pics as well.   I used double sided designer paper and adhered it to the box with ATG adhesive.  I used a ruler and measured each section I wanted to cover, then used a nail file to smooth the edges.  I embellished with some blue ribbon-adhered with ATG as well, and used some butterfly dimensional butterflies from K & Company.


That's all for now! 

Have a great night! 
Gina

9 comments:

  1. great job I love this idea for the cuttlebug folders. The colors are beautiful too.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea too Gina. You did a great job and I love the colors you chose!

    Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I didn't realize they fit in so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your box is beautiful Gina. What a great idea for the folders. Love it. Hugs, Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool recipe box, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project! I love the paper you used! Thanks for sharing this craative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great idea I have an old box I am going to revamp tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! What a great idea, I didn't know that the folders would fit in there, thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina, this box is so great. That is a fantastic idea to store your cuttlebug folders. I may have to try this one.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete